We focus on understanding how personal development, including learning neuroscience, can improve our life.
- Ongoing Study: A Positive Psychology Study of People Pursuing Life Coach Training
- Participate in the Positive Psychology Study Research
- Participate in Stress Study
Some of the more specific questions we are studying include:
- Which concepts of neuroscience are most important for the general public to learn in order to enhance their lives?
- What knowledge about the brain is most useful for life coaches in practice? What about other healthcare practitioners?
- Which neuroscience concepts enhance classroom teaching at the university level? At the secondary level? At the elementary level?
- Do athletes benefits from learning about neuroscience, for example, learning how to effectively use the visualization capabilities of their brains or the arousal system?
- Does learning about stress and its negative effects on the brain lead people to make positive behavioural changes and healthier living?
These are just some of the guiding questions we are pursuing in the laboratory. In fact, the list is never ending because this is such a new area of study. We have only recently learned enough about the brain to be able to apply it in to many concepts of positive psychology. The future of this type of neuroscience research is indeed exciting!